Industrial-Organizational Psychology Master's Degree - How to Apply
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two undergraduate psychology courses including statistics and one upper division psychology course [comparable courses in relevant disciplines (e.g. business) will be considered].*
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75, and 3.0 overall in the last 60 hours of the bachelor’s program.
- Targeted Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores** of 149 or above on the Verbal section and 144 or above on the Quantitative section. NOTE: Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement.
* Applicants lacking the minimum courses can complete this requirement by enrolling in PSY 309 (Statistics-Research Methods I) and/or an upper division PSY course while beginning the M.S. program through the EKU Psychology Department’s undergraduate online degree program.
** Applicants who fail to meet the targeted GPA or GRE scores specified above may be granted a probationary admission. The minimum condition for transfer from probationary admission status to clear admission status is the successful completion of at least nine hours of graduate course work with a grade point average of at least 3.0 and with no more than one grade, regardless of the number of course credit hours, of “C” or lower. Students must be removed from probationary admission prior to registering in any course work beyond an initial 12 hours.
Part I: Apply to EKU
1. Start your EKU Graduate School Application.
2. Complete the supporting documents:
Professional References - Within the application, you will be prompted to enter email addresses for two professional references. Select individuals who can provide evidence of academic potential who are familiar with your academic or employment experience. An electronic reference form will be emailed to each reference when the application is submitted.
Career Goals and Objectives Statement - Write a statement that is one to two pages in length and addresses career goals and objectives demonstrating academic commitment. Your goal statement can be submitted in the section of your online application labeled "Supporting Documents" or submit it by e-mail to the EKU Graduate School at the address provided below.
Part II: Send Documents
1. If applicable, have your GRE scores sent to EKU.
2. Contact any and all colleges or universities that you have attended and request that your transcripts be sent directly to EKU at the address below. Most schools have an online request form for this service. Transcripts sent to a student and then delivered to EKU will not be accepted. Each transcript must bear the original signature of the authorized official, along with the seal of the institution, and must be sent to EKU directly from the issuing institution. Transcripts are not required for courses taken at EKU.
All transcripts should be sent to:
EKU Graduate School
310 Whitlock Building CPO 68
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475