EKU’s online master’s degree in industrial-organizational psychology provides the critical skills needed to assess the behavior of individuals in businesses and develop strategies for performance and productivity improvement within organizations.
Our versatile program focuses heavily on consulting and professional development, allowing you to hone your analytical and communication skills while applying practical problem solving to human resources and organizational challenges.
Format: 100% online
Credit Hours: 36 hours
2016-2017 Tuition: $600 per credit hour
Transfer Credits Accepted: Up to 12 hours*
Career Options: Assessment and development specialist, assessment and development coordinator, corporate HR analyst, director of HR, compensation and benefits director, employment specialist, director of training, health and safety manager, HR specialist, HR generalist, employee development specialist, organizational development specialist.
* With departmental approval
What sets our program apart?
Providing a practitioner-focused program, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as organizational psychology, training and development, performance management, and consulting and professional development.
- 8-week terms
- Follows the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) training guidelines
- GRE waived for students with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- No required campus visits
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.
Industrial-Organizational Psychology Master’s Degree Curriculum*
Core Courses 36 hours
- PSY 804: Introduction to I-O Psychology
- PSY 805: Quantitative Research Methods
- PSY 806: Applied Research Methods
- PSY 807: Work Analysis
- PSY 808: Selection
- PSY 809: Performance Management
- PSY 810: Consulting and Business Skills
- PSY 811: Professional Development
- PSY 812: Practicum in I-O Psychology
- PSY 873: Organizational Psychology
- PSY 874: Organizational Change and Development
- PSY 875: Training and Development
Total Hours Required for Degree Completion 36 hours
For a full list of course descriptions please see section 6 of the university graduate catalog.
*Effective fall 2017 pending final approval.