Admission Requirements & Application Process
Masters of Science in Industrial- Organizational Psychology
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two undergraduate psychology courses including statistics and one upper division psychology course [comparable courses in relevant disciplines (e.g., Business) will be considered].*
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75, and 3.0 overall in the last 60 hours of the bachelor’s program.Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement.
- Targeted Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores of 149 or above on the Verbal section and 144 or above on the Quantitative section.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation providing evidence of academic potential from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience.
- A statement of career goals and objectives demonstrating academic potential and appropriate interests.
- Curriculum Vita/Resume
*Students lacking the minimum courses may be able to complete this requirement by enrolling in PSY 309w (Statistics-Research Methods I) and/or an upper division PSY course while beginning the M.S. program through the Psychology Department’s undergraduate online degree program. Some applicants may be asked to successfully complete these requirements prior to being admitted to the program.
Application deadlines for the I-O Master’s Program are:
- Fall Term A – August 5. Classes start in August
- Fall Term B – October 5. Classes start in October
- Spring Term A – January 5. Classes start in January
- Spring Term B –March 5. Classes start in March
Part I: Apply to EKU
1. Start your EKU Graduate School Application.
2. Complete the supporting documents:
- 1. Professional References - Within the application, you will be prompted to enter email addresses for three professional references. Select individuals who can provide evidence of academic potential who are familiar with your academic or employment experience. An electronic reference form will be emailed to each reference when the application is submitted.
- 2. Career Goals and Objectives statement (2-3 double spaced pages). A personal statement will be submitted as a part of the online application. Please provide a personal statement addressing your academic experiences, professional goals, and an explanation of why the field of I-O psychology, and specifically the EKU I-O Psychology Online Program, is a good fit for you. Below are some additional questions to consider as you construct your response.
- What personal characteristics do you possess that you believe are important to the practice of I-O psychology?
- Do you possess any particular strengths that you feel will be an asset to you in graduate school?
- What are your professional goals and how do they match the mission of our program?
- Describe any experiences that have particularly prepared you for graduate study in I-O psychology (e.g., work experience, research experience, particular coursework, etc.).
- If you feel that any portion of your application does not accurately reflect your academic skills or preparation for graduate school in psychology (e.g., GRE, GPA, etc.), please explain in your personal statement.
3. Curriculum Vitae/Resume. The CV/resume will be submitted as a part of online application.